How do you bring an elegant high tea to any time of the day? It is simple: dress up a black tea with mint and ginger. A cup of Fresh Mint Chai Tea makes a tea party luxurious. Even on a summer day, Fresh Mint Chai Tea is lovely to share with a friend. The added bonus: the fragrance of this tea brings a smile with each sip.
Fresh Mint, Ginger and Water in a Saucepan, almost to a boil
Milk with Fresh Mint, Ginger and Water in a Saucepan, almost to a boil
Fresh Mint Chai Tea… Ready to Serve!
|Fresh Mint Chai Tea|
Author: 5 mins Total time: 5 mins Serves: Yields 2 generous cups of teaCook time:
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 quarter-slice fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp black tea leaves or a teabag
- Honey or raw sugar, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add the water, mint and ginger over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium to simmer for approximately 1-2 minutes. This extracts the maximum flavors of the mint and ginger.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and increase the heat again to bring the milk to a boil. Add the tea leaves or tea bag and remove the saucepan from the heat. Cover the saucepan to allow the tea to steep for approximately 3 minutes.
- Using a ladle, pour the tea through a tea sieve or fine-mesh strainer into 2 tea cups or a tea pot. Discard the spices and leaves. Serve the tea with honey or sugar on the side.
Note: In India, tea is traditionally served with whole milk. This recipe offers a slightly healthier version.Email This Recipe