Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries – oh my! Summer’s pop-in-your-mouth delights sing well with chocolate and toffee bits in these confections. The Mixed-Berry Chocolate-Toffee Bite is the sweetness after dinner and the balance to a cup of coffee. Sprinkles of zest add another note of flavor and makes them even more pleasing to the eye. No need for baking. It just takes a quick hand to top melted chocolate for the wonderful Mixed-Berry Chocolate-Toffee Bites.
Chocolate Rounds on Chilled Sheet
|Mixed-Berry Chocolate-Toffee Bites
Author: Yields approx. 25 bitesServes:
- 2 cups of mixed berries, including raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1 1/2 tsp zest of an orange, divided between 1 tsp and 1/2 tsp (optional)
- 3 oz chocolate covered toffee (or two 1.4oz Heath or Skor bars), chopped into 1/4″ pieces
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place the lined sheet in the freezer.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a small bowl set over a saucepan or pot of simmering water. Be sure the bowl does not touch the water. Allow the chocolate to sit undisturbed until it begins to melt, then stir the chocolate until it is smooth. Remove the bowl from over the water. Optional: Stir in 1 tsp orange zest into the melted chocolate. Otherwise set aside the zest to top each bite.
- To assemble the bites, make sure the berries, zest and chocolate toffee pieces are close by as you will have to work quickly. Remove the lined sheet from the freezer. Pour 1 teaspoonful of the melted chocolate onto the sheet 1” apart to create a round. The chilled baking sheet will create a base for the chocolate round so do not spread the chocolate. Place at least 1 berry and 1 chocolate toffee bit on each melted top of a round. Sprinkle the zest on top of each round. Place baking sheet into a refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Remove chilled sheet from the refrigerator. Make sure your hands are cold and carefully remove bites from foil. The bites can be removed by using one hand to lift each bite and the other hand to peel the foil from the bite in the opposite direction. Place on a plate or serving tray and enjoy!