Strawberries are one of nature’s best sweets. Why not enhance it with more of nature’s refreshing treats? Yes, lemon and mint. Strawberries with Lemon and Mint is a great dessert for a summer bbq or perfect for a light breakfast. And with a slight variation, it is also a great vegan treat. It’s as simple as swapping in turbinado sugar.
The Main Ingredients
Hulled and Slice Strawberries
Chopped Mint and Lemon Zest
|Strawberries with Lemon and Mint|
- 1 lb strawberries
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar or turbindado sugar
- 1 lemon
- Thoroughly clean strawberries. Using a knife, hull the strawberries by removing the stems. Slice strawberries length-wise from top to bottom in 1/4″ in width and place in a large bowl.
- Zest a lemon and sprinkle over the strawberries. Slice the lemon in half and remove the seeds. Squeeze each half over the strawberries so that the lemon juice coats the strawberries.
- Add the sugar over the strawberries. Sprinkle the chopped mint over the strawberries.
- Mix the strawberry mixture so that the sugar dissolves and the mint and zest are evenly distributed throughout the coated strawberries.
- Let the coated strawberries sit for 10 minutes so that the strawberries macerate.
Notes: For chilled strawberries, place the coated strawberries in the refrigerator while they macerate before serving. If you are using turbinado sugar for vegans, the may not dissolve completely. This is okay. The strawberries will sweeten as it macerates.Email This Recipe