Combine nature’s tropical candy with a drink that dates back to ancient times. Lassi is India’s yogurt drink and is found in almost every Indian restaurant. Why not make a Mango Lassi at home for a good dose of calcium? This drink is based on a basic homemade lassi recipe and gets it sweetness from mangoes. It can be prepared in minutes for breakfast, as a thirst quencher for a hot summer day, or alongside a spicy dish. Get your blender out and make a Mango Lassi today.
Mango – halved, segmented and flesh sliced from pit
Author: 10 mins Total time: 10 mins Serves: 6Prep time:
- 2 mangoes, fresh and ripe
- 2 cups plain yogurt, chilled
- 2 cups water, cold
- Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Slice mangoes to remove pits and dice remaining pulp or flesh into segments.
- Add yogurt, mangoes and water to a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve chilled in glasses and garnish with mint for a bit more coolness
Notes: This recipe excludes the sugar in the original recipe. Ingredient Recommendation- Mangoes come in multiple varieties. Ataulfo and Francis are very sweet and perfect for this recipe. However they are seasonal and generally available during the summer. If you can’t find these mangoes, use any other variety and add a few teaspoons of sugar to sweeten to taste. Storage Note- Lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Email This Recipe