Looking for a sandwich for a picnic in the park? Use ripe summer figs that are fantastic when in season. The Prosciutto, Goat Cheese and Fig Sandwich is savory and sweet in one. Tart and peppered goat cheese is complemented by spicy arugula, sweet figs and savory prosciutto. It is the perfect balance. Double or triple this recipe for a lunch party with friends because it is that simple.
Prosciutto, Goat Cheese and Fig Sandwich
Pepper and Fresh Goat Cheese [left] and Peppered Goat Cheese [right]
Arugula and Figs on Baguette [left] and Open-faced Prosciutto, Goat Cheese and Fig Sandwich [right]
|Prosciutto, Goat Cheese and Fig Sandwich|
Author: 5 mins Total time: 5 mins Serves: 2Prep time:
- 2-3 oz fresh goat cheese, softened at room temperature (approx 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 fresh baguettes, 6” in length
- 4-5 green figs, cut lengthwise into 1/4” slices
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1-2 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced (2-4 slices)
- Place the goat cheese in a bowl and sprinkle pepper over it. With a fork, mix the goat cheese and pepper until combined. Divide the goat cheese mixture in half and spread the goat cheese mixture on both cut sides of each baguette
- Remove any tough stems from the arugula and discard. Place 1/4 cup arugula on one cut side of each baguette.
- Arrange a single layer of sliced figs on the other cut side of each baguette.
- Place 1-2 slices of prosciutto on top of figs. Serve the sandwiches open-faced or close the sandwiches to pack to go.
Notes: If green figs are not available, use any sweet and ripe fig such as Black Mission. Optional: Warm the baguettes in an oven at 275 degrees for a few minutes before preparing the sandwiches.Email This Recipe